29461: lyall (comment) Transparency International and its various Hayti reports (fwd)

bounce@lyalls.net writes:

Transparency International reported on Hayti 3 or 4 years ago as I recall. Was this its first report? Dunno. It said that Hayti was one of the worlds most corrupt countries.

Some Haiti Action types came on the list questioning the existence of TI and asserting that the whole organization was an invention of the dreaded Haiti Democracy Project and that reports of corruption were solely designed to discredit the democratically elected President.

Weren't we seeing television ads telling us that 'administrasyon pwop' was the situation?

Unfortunately it does not surprise me that they found no improvement under the Turtles.

I don't recall hearing about Alexis/Preval overhauling the Port authority yet. That would be good news.

PS: my spell corrector does not understand 'pwop'