29662: Laforest (reply) Re: 29654: Morse (comment) Wyclef Film Festival (fwd)

From: Me Robert Laforest <lawyerha@hotmail.com>

_oloffsonram@aol.com_ (mailto:oloffsonram@aol.com)

1) Is there a correlation between Wyclef bringing his hip hop culture to Haiti and the increase in random violence, rape, glorified gang activity and kidnapping?

Could you elaborate on that bbecause I just thought that it brough a sense of very ugly fashion and clothes that were too big.

2) Kidnapping is quite on the rise again, especially among school children. This will create an awful backlash. I hear that some kidnappers are close to the victims which is why the victims are sometimes killed.

This is the most shocking of all the violence t aht we have seen over thepast few years.

3) Some schools have closed early for the Christmas holidays as a preventive measure to keep students from getting kidnapped.

TRUE

4) If we can't create a non corrupt police force how can we even begin to think about an army.

I think that we can create a non-corrupt police force. It is the one that we have that is corrupt. If we start from scratch we could create an army / gendarmerie or national guard that is not corrupt. But we should also involve the general public to participate in its management not just the government.