29717: kathleen (reply)Re: 29706: Pierre (Reply) Re: 29691: Urban (reply) Lance Durban's post of 29684 (fwd)

From: Kathleen Burke <kathleenmb@adelphia.net>

Please, what is your definition of "bourgeois?"
Jacques Brel has a marvelous song about young rebels who sing the bourgeois are "like pigs" "the fatter they get, the more they eat (Haiti's gran mange)" Then they get older, get jobs to make money, join the middle class, realize the "pigs" are themselves now. So, is someone with a job or profession automatically the enemy? A small business person? Someone who owns his her home? The way you write, they are. I think we need a dictionary.
So, what do you and your friends do for living expenses?
Without becoming bourgeois?  Kathleen