30083: Nekita (reply) Comments re Spelling matters (fwd)

From: Nlbo@aol.com

Professor Benson,

I pay more attention to content than spelling. I have not noticed too many spelling errors in Corbett's forum. Usually participants are very careful about grammar and basic writing mechanics. I agree with you with the spelling of Vodou, KOSANBA, and Kreyol, however I think you are being too hard on errors that are most of the time typos. One has to worry about not attacking others, making the posts relevant to Haiti (in my case), now spelling. That's a lot , specially for those us who spend couple hours to draft a post.

Nekita