30341: Re: 30326: Luciem (comment) Arable land v land in use (fwd)

patlucien@yahoo.com

There is an other side of the story that we do not talk about. Who's ready to invest in such a venture. Agriculture is a very risky business and not too many people in Haiti are willing to invest in agriculture.. The government could take the first step by making tractors and irrigation systems available to those willing to invest. I am sure that would appeal to many.

Thus, we can all talk about what can be done, the real question is who's willing to do it? Lately, it seems like technologie has been a more profitable business in Haiti than agriculture. We all wish this was not the case for we only have two basics resources: Land and People