30583: Swifter (reply) Re: 30577: Craig (article) Danticat: Impounded Fathers (fwd)

From: swifter4 <swifter4@juno.com>

Dan,  While I feel badly for the deportations that separate families,
the DHS is only doing their job.  Had the people not come here
illegally, they wouldn't be facing these trials.
  I have been petitioning my senators and congressmen to toss the
proposed immigration bill out, and simply enforce the laws on the
books.
  I spent thousands of dollars and waited a long time to bring my
wife from Haiti.  There are thousands of others that are waiting as
their visas are processed.  It is not fair to let illegals stay and
make these people willing to do it legally have to wait that much
longer.
  John