30755: Senou:(Comment on Linking) Imagine this ! (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Imagine this !
From Joseph Alfred, Educator

Imagine having a working LINK among score of
organizations focusing on Haiti and willing citizens.

When you take a look at Haiti today, you see that the
country is in the need of almost everything and
sometimes you don?t really know where to start. But,
actually, you do know where to start. Just start
within your field and area of studies.

Linking these concerned organizations and willing
citizens is not going to take place overnight and it
will be a lengthy process. However, do not discontinue
whatever assistance that you are providing to the
needy Haitians by just hearing this golden idea.

This idea if materialized will be a win-win for every
concerned organization and willing citizen. This idea
is part of our motto that we have departed from for
the past 200 years or just after we took our
independence.

Reiterating the Union of our ancestors requires a new
vision, a new approach and a new concept. And there
are no differences between the individual interest
back then and today; but our ancestors were brilliant
in recognizing the main goal which is Freedom and
therefore they put aside their indifferences and work
together.  Today, we have not yet made the case for
the main goal which is Economic.

May 18 was not born overnight. It was initiated by
someone who saw that each group was fighting its own
battle and he/she had decided to use the back doors
channel to invite them to talk. The players back then
who had the same goal were receptive to that idea. May
be some powerful ones with name recognition may have
wanted to lead the movement.

The initiator first leveled the playing field and use
Open Access and everyone has the same opportunity. And
this has explained why Dessalines who did not know how
to read and write could be in that room.

1. Imagine a room filled of scholars, academia, slave
owners, former slaves, affranchise, the maroons,
educated and non-educated, and rich and poor and we do
not hear that we are not in the same class and I do
not deal with this and that. Everyone was focusing on
the main Goal which was Freedom and therefore anything
else was irrelevant.

Who has the ability and skill to help us becoming
Free? And a person who did not know how to read and
write was selected. Dessalines delivered on time and
on schedule and without a glitch. Mission
Accomplished. Wow! That selection was not based on
friendship or who you know and name recognition.

Haiti may have tons of problems and everything cannot
be a priority. What is the priority? What is the main
goal?

Today each of you is fighting his/her own battle but
we must win an Economic War which is the main goal and
we cannot win it alone or individually. Again, someone
has to find a way to bring you all together in a
neutral ground and that person must use diplomacy, the
back door channel and he/she must be trusted and all
sectors shall feel comfortable with him or her.

1.1 Imagine a room filled of scholars, academia,
Master, Domestic, former Domestic, educated and
non-educated, Patrons and Employees, and rich and poor
and we do not hear that we are not in the same class
and I do not deal with this and that. Everyone is
focusing on the main Goal which is to win the Economic
War and therefore anything else is irrelevant.

It will take tangible action to reiterate the Union
that took place on May 18, 1803. How many of you are
going to sit on the same table with an illiterate
person to discuss a national plan. Should everyone be
part of it; well, if you call it national, every
willing person should be part of it.

Reiterating the Union is the only way for Haiti and
every single Haitian community throughout the world to
win the new economic war. Let go straight to the
bottom line: going alone, doing thing along may have
some good initial results but at the end you will
lose.

Please, read this below and you will see that numbers
do not mean anything if you are not organized

((L?OEA appelle la Caricom a intensifier ses actions
en Haiti
 Le secrétaire général de l?OEA estime néanmoins qu?il
y a encore du travail à faire pour favoriser le
développement économique et la stabilité en Haïti. "
Nous avons un groupe d?États solides, quoique petits,
qui peuvent être très utiles à Haïti ", a martelé le
Secrétaire général de l?organisation hémisphérique à
l?ouverture, de la 28e Conférence de la Caricom à
Barbade. " Les pays de la Caricom, tels Barbade,
Trinidad & Tobago, ont des personnes qualifiées qui
peuvent aider dans les domaines de la gestion
économique et de l?administration publique ",
soutient-il.

The OAS calls Caricom has to intensify its actions in
Haiti

The secretary general of the OAS estimates
nevertheless that there is still work to make to
support the economic development and stability in
Haiti. ?We have a group of solid States, though small,
which can be very useful to Haiti?, hammered the
Secretary General of the hemispherical organization to
the opening, of the 28e Conférence of Caricom in
Barbados. ?The countries of Caricom, such Barbados,
Trinidad & Tobago, have qualified people who can help
in the fields of economic management and the public
administration?, it supports.

http://www.metropolehaiti.com/metropole/archive.phtml?action=full&keyword=&sid=0&critere=2&id=12793&p=4
   ))

As you can see, organization is the key.  Many
countries did follow the lead of Haiti and the state
of Haiti did brave soldiers to others to become
independent. Today, we have to follow the example of
many countries in order to become self-sufficient. A
decade ago, you have seen live on TV the genocide in
Rwanda. Today, Rwanda is experiencing a growth that
had never been recorded in Africa and anywhere else in
the world.  My Haitian friends, you have departed from
the Union that led to the creation of the first black
nation in the Caribbean. On May 18, 1803 your
ancestors had put aside all interests, all animosities
and all selfishness to form a Union. The interests
today are not any different from yesterday ?

Now, imagine a working Link among all these willing
organizations and citizens that can initially put 3 to
5% of their resources together and progress step by
step and set some priorities.
Example: if the Diaspora has a desire to put a welcome
center in each Department and rest areas along the
main routes. The first pilot site shall be selected
via a drawing and so on. In doing so, you are
impartial and every single area has the same chance.
However, in order to add an area in the ballot box, at
least one citizen of that area shall be involved.

Is there a need to put toilets along the main routes?
Yes. It would make traveling from point A to B a
little easier and more comfortable for the people of
Haiti and whoever visiting the country. We all have to
do # 1 and #2 and this has nothing to do with politic.
Putting a welcome center at the entrance of each
department will be a win-win for the country and again
this has nothing to do with any government.

Also, one can use the competitive spirit among the
region to make this process goes a little quicker. You
know whatever you put in Saint-Marc, the people of
Gros-Morne will make one in their hometown the next
day.  Whatever you put in Ouanaminthe my hometown, the
people of Fort-Liberté will put one in their town
overnight.

Imagine, you establish a working link among you and
set some priorities. You need to understand that the
pioneers and the risk takers will be small; however,
once you start delivering on time and on schedule and
provide a detail report where each penny goes; people
will start getting confident and more will join.

My Haitian friend, the idea of joining the Caribbean
countries together was first initiated by President
Dumarsais Estimé and today Haiti is standing on the
sideline.

I leave you with these 3 words that once gone never
comeback:
Time, word and opportunity

View the pictures of the 2nd Symposium on Haiti in
Atlanta; and comeback soon to view the video.
http://www.hcronline.us

Joseph Alfred
P.O. BOX 1022
Douglasville, GA 30133