30776: Karshan (reply) Private Creole lessons available in Miami until mid-August (fwd)

From: MKarshan@aol.com

When Haitian refugees were being settled in New York after their grueling
year in Camp Buckley (the camp at Guantanamo designated for persons with
HIV/AIDS and their families), we got swept up into the whole real life drama of the
moment and my daughter Riva at age four was actually helping me teach people
English!

Today, my daughter, the linguistic genius, is in Miami for the next  month
and is available to provide private or small group lessons in  conversational
Creole. After this she is off to a university in New Orleans  where there is a
good sized Haitian community and French is widely spoken.

She grew up in Haiti and passed the statewide exam in Creole proficiency  and
is particularly rich in Creole.

Riva just graduated from the Performing Arts High School in New York and
received three awards for her excellence in French, including a gold medal for
her proficiency in French. I mention that to illuminate her language  skills.

If anyone is interested they can contact me directly at _mkarshan@aol.com_
(mailto:mkarshan@aol.com)

Michelle Karshan (my daughter's unofficial publicist)