30798: Charles (comment) Haiti officials and policymakers: if you could ask One Question what would it be? (fwd)

From: Eugenia Charles <Eugenia@fondasyonmapou.org>

Dear Friends of Haiti,

Fondasyon Mapou and Haitian Priorities Project are sending a delegation to
Haiti from August 5-18th, 2007 on a human rights abuse fact finding mission.
During our visit, we will be meeting with various governmental sectors,
international financial institutions and grass roots organizations as well
as individual Haitians (of course) to compile our report.

Members of the Haitian Diaspora and those "in the know" about Haiti, we need
your help.  Following the example of Monday night's You Tube sponsored
Democratic Debates, where Americans sent videos asking questions to the
Democratic Presidential Candidates, we want to hear your questions, too.  If
you have one question you'd like to ask any of the groups we are meeting
with in Haiti, who would you like us to ask and what would you like to know?
We will do our best to ask your question to the appropriate person and if we
use your question, we will let you know how you can go about reading our
report and (hopefully) the answer to your question.

Please note, we are not attempting to start a debate on this listserve, nor
are we looking for volunteers to participate in our delegation.  We are
simply requesting to hear your voice and your questions so that we can take
them with us to tell officials what Haitians in the Diaspora or the larger
Haitian community are thinking and care about.

Please address delegation questions to the following e-mail address (versus
responding to the listserve) so that subscribers' inboxes are not
unnecessarily cluttered: haitidelegation@fondasyonmapou.org.

Thank you for your participation,

Eugenia

"A time comes when silence is betrayal; we are called to speak for the weak,
for the voiceless, for the victims of our nation, for those it calls
'enemy." Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rebuilding Haiti, One Branch at a Time!
Eugenia Charles, Executive Director
Fondasyon Mapou