30830: Labrom (reply) 30821 3 Haitian patients (fwd)

from voyageslumierehaiti@gmail.com

I think the thing I took from Stuart's posting was that the NGO's need to
co-ordinate and not duplicate each other.

Even Pres. Preval recognised this when during his campaign speeches he
said that it was difficult for the Haitian govt. to co-ordinate all
the different donors, as the EEC for example were giving money to
(say) health, education and roads. BID was giving money to education
and roads. Someone else was giving to this and that, so many of them
were giving to the same areas. What he had proposed was that the EEC
for example concentrated on Education, BID on roads, someone else on
Health etc. etc.  which made terrific sense to me. But what happened?
I don't see that this came about and maybe it's because 'little Haiti"
can't dictate as to what areas the donors should give money too.

But the NGO's do not co-ordinate - from what I gather it's only the
rare NGO's that talk to each other about what they're doing and try
and co-ordinate.

With their money and resources they could make a great impact on Haiti
if they worked together for the good of Haiti!!

Jacqui Labrom

--
Voyages Lumière SA
email: voyageslumierehaiti@gmail.com