#75: Haiti and AIDS : A comment

From:amedard@gte.net

We had a chauffeur who was one of the most wonderful people I've ever known.  At
some point prior to our employing him, he had to take some sort of injection for
asthma.  To save money, he apparently went to the $5.00 doctor instead of the
$10.00 doctor.  The $5.00 doctor, in an apparent attempt to save money, reused
his syringes.  Several years later, our chauffeur was diagnosed with AIDS.  We
entrusted him to the AIDS clinic about which the NY Times wrote.  Within a year
or so, our chauffeur passed away.

As far as obtaining antibiotics without prescription ... the same thing happens
in Haiti, too.