#209: UNESCO Project in Marbial Valley

From: Jennie Smith <jsmith@odin.berry.edu>

SUBJECT:  UNESCO Project in Marbial Valley

MESSAGE:

I am currently working with another professor on a research project
that involves the 1940s-'50s UNESCO Project in the Marbial Valley.  I
have read Metraux's report on the project, but need more background
information.  Does anyone know where I might learn more about the
project's objectives, components and outcomes, and/or how it might
have shaped the formulation of future community development projects?

We are also interested more specifically in the 1952 visit to the
project made by the Egyptian Minister of Social Affairs, Ahmed
Hussein (he evidently went to Haiti looking for guidance in how to
plan and implement effective rural development projects).  He
was accompanied by Carl Taylor (of the USDA?).

Might anyone have some clues for us?  If so, we would greatly
appreciate hearing from you!  Please email me at jsmith@berry.edu.

MESI DAVANS!
Jennie

Jennie Smith
Assistant Professor of Anthropology
Department of Sociology and Anthropology
Berry College
495010 Mt. Berry Station
Mt. Berry, GA 30149-5010
tel: 706-802-6730