#425: Haitian Prejudices: Vedrine adds

From: Emmanuel W. Vedrine <evedrine@hotmail.com>

Through my observations, I notice that most Haitians master English faster
than French. After, 14 years of schooling in French (in Haiti) [for those
who were lucky enough to complete secondary school since over 90% of the
population don't have that chance], still most Haitian students don't master
the French language as they would master English withing 3-4 years in the
U.S. What does this tell us (researchers)? What doen't work here? Do they
like Shakespeare better thank Voltaire?

E.W.Vedrine