#685: SECOND NOTICE --HSA/AHAD MEETING HOTEL RESERVATIONS (fwd)

From: leslie desmangles <leslie.desmangles@mail.cc.trincoll.edu>

SECOND NOTICE

THOSE PLANNING TO ATTEND THE HSA/AHAD CONFERENCE IN ATLANTA IN NOVEMBER
4-6, 1999.

We have just received word that the managers of the Sheraton Buckhead Hotel
in Atlanta where the annual conference of the Haitian Studies Association
(HSA) and the Association for Haitian-American Development (AHAD) will be
held, that the hotel management will begin to rent its rooms soon to
persons attending the annual international meeting of the American Red
Cross (ARC). The ARC always anticipates such a large number of people at
its annual meetings that it reserves large blocks of rooms for its
conference participants as early as ten years in advance, I am told.

If you are planning to attend the HSA/AHAD conference in Atlanta in
November, I suggest very strongly that you reserve your room without delay.
The ARC conference is extremely large and brings no less than 30,000 people
into Greater Atlanta. Many of the hotels will be filled to capacity
probably by next week. I urge you to make your reservation now, or you may
not be able to find a hotel room anywhere in Greater Atlanta if you wait.

The Hotel is the Sheraton Buckhead, and the telephone numbers are:

1 (800) 241-8260
1 (404) 261-9250

Leslie G. Desmangles
HSA Conference Chair

Serge Declamas
AHAD Conference Chair

Leslie G. Desmangles
Professor
Department of Religion and
International Studies Program	Tel.  (860) 297-2407
Trinity College			Fax. (860) 651-0160
Hartford CT 06106
USA

		In this age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act