#800: Lavinia Williams and Haitian dance: Bob Corbett sites sources

I had never heard of Lavinia Williams and have nothing about her in my
library, but when I ran a search I was astonished at what she's produced.
I will now be working to find some of these.  However, I must caution the
optomistic, I've been a very aggressive seeking of Haiti materials for
the past 16 years and have NEVER seen a work of hers offered.

Along the way she added the last name of Yarborough, so works by her
are found under both names.

Here's what I found:

1.

TITLE: [Lavinia Williams oral history collection,
           with Haitian dance demonstrations]
     YEAR: 1983
 PUB TYPE: Audiovisual
   FORMAT: 4 videocassettes of 4 (U-matic) (approx.
           370 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.
           3 videocassettes of 3 (Beta) : col. and b&w ; 3/4 in.
    NOTES: Interview segments and dance demonstrations
           are cataloged separately.
           Permission required to cite, quote and reproduce; contact
           repository for information.
           The Lavinia Williams Oral History Collection, with Haitian
           Dance Demonstrations documents the life of Lavinia Williams
and includes dance demonstrations for sacred dances and other
activities. The collection includes a three part oral history
           interview that documents Williams' childhood, early dance
           caeer, Hatian expereince, other Carribean experiences, and
           includes a discussion on Haitian dance.  The dance
           demonstrations include six sacred dances that are part of the
           Rada Rite and other dance demonstration footage that
           documents Lavinia's work in Haiti.

           Lavinia Williams was a dancer and a dance teacher, and was
           considered a leader in teaching Haitian dance.

=================================

2.  AUTHOR:
           Yarborough, Lavinia Williams.
    TITLE: Dances of the Bahamas & Haiti

    PLACE: New York :
PUBLISHER: City College of New York,
     YEAR: 1980
 PUB TYPE: Book
   FORMAT: 12 p. ; 22 cm.
   SERIES: City College papers ; no. 15
    NOTES: Cover title.
           The Jacob C. Saposnekow Memorial Lectures, February 21,
           1980.

3.  AUTHOR:
           Yarborough, Lavinia Williams.
    TITLE: Haiti-dance.
    PLACE: [Frankfurt am Main?
     YEAR: 1959
 PUB TYPE: Book
   FORMAT: 49 p. illus. 22 x 28 cm.

=========================

4.  AUTHOR:
           Yarborough, Lavinia Williams.
    TITLE: "Ballets d'Haiti" :
           bamboche creole, 20th anniversary
    PLACE: [s.l. :
PUBLISHER: s.n., Panorama)
     YEAR: 1972
 PUB TYPE: Book
   FORMAT: 24 p. : ill. ; 22 x 28 cm.
    NOTES: Cover title.
           Text in English.

==================================

5.  TITLE: Third world dance
           tracing roots.
    PLACE: New York :
PUBLISHER: ARC Video Dance,
     YEAR: 1981
 PUB TYPE: Audiovisual
   FORMAT: 4 videocassettes (28 min. each) : sd.,
           col. ; 3/4 in.
   SERIES: Eye on dance ; 27-30
    NOTES: U-matic.
           Host: Julinda Lewis; interviewees: Lavinia Williams, Eugene
           Van Grona; Ibrahim Farrah, Islene Pinder, Carola Goya; Sugar
           Sullivan, Al Minns, Jane Goldberg; Ayoka Chenzira, Kathe
           Sandler, Shawneequa Baker-Scott.

=================================

6.  AUTHOR:
           Aschenbrenner, Joyce.
    TITLE: Katherine Dunham :
           reflections on the social and political contexts of Afro-
           American dance
    PLACE: New York, N.Y. (35 West 4th St., Rm. 675,
           New York 10003) :
PUBLISHER: CORD Inc.,
     YEAR: 1981
 PUB TYPE: Book
   FORMAT: xiii, 164 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
   SERIES: Dance research annual ; 12
    NOTES: Bibliography: p. 87-106.

Corbett notes:  I'm not sure why this came up under a search of Lavinia
Williams

That's what I found for now.  If others find other sources we can
add to this list.

Bob Corbett