#1000: 100 Good List Members Needed Now!: Schweissing responds (fwd)

From: Daniel Schweissing <dan_schweissing@hotmail.com>

>100 List Members Needed to Sign the Declaration of Conscience on Behalf of
>Haitians and Dominicans of Haitian Descent in the Dominican Republic.

Voicing our concern for Haitians in the D.R. is important, but I'm not sure
the timing for publishing a petition is right.  Was it not the OAS
denunciation of Dominican injustice towards Haitians that caused the
Dominican govt. to react by deporting Haitians.  Will putting more pressure
on the D.R. at this point in time help resolve the problem or create further
atrocities towards Haitians?

Daniel M. Schweissing
dan_schweissing@hotmail.com

Visit the Center for Haitian Ministries' Website at
www.geocities.com/Athens/Cyprus/5491