#1027: About Vodou Initiation. Answer to 986 & 990 from Grey

From:Racine125@aol.com

<< Yesterday, a quiet observer of this list wrote me the following:
 "You naughty girl, you know better than to tease the monkeys! Not only do
 they scream hysterically, they have the nasty habit of throwing doodoo in
 retaliation."

 Quite true. I am sure Mambo Angela and Max Beauvoir have a life and much
more
 spiritual things to do than answering low blows.>>

If it is a "low blow" to unmask a person claiming to cure AIDS, or another
promising Vodou ceremonies complete with "Latin Horns Jazz Band", I happily
accept.

 "Despite what some want to believe, money is in no way tied to initiation.
No  amount of money has or can buy anyone initiation just as lack of money
does
 not deny anyone initiation.>>

UNTRUE!  Initiating candidates is one of the ways Houngans and Mambos in
Haiti earn money.  Unless the person is a spouse or family member, it is
unlikely that anyone is going to give them initiation for free.

<<There are expenses, no one denies that fact.  Bargain basement prices bring
to mind my mother's saying that "the cheapest always become the most
costly.">>

Ah, so if we charge extortionary prices we are therefore better Houngans and
Mambos?  Nah.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra",
     Good is rare - Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html">http://
members.aol.com/racine125/index.html</A>