#1418: haiti/cuba/miami : Colon replies to Gill

From: Yves Colon <ycolon@mindspring.com>

I'll have to agree with Mark that Americans care little about what goes on
in the Caribbean, specially Haiti. U.S. policy toward Haiti has been, and
likely will always be, driven by these twin engines: refugees and drugs.
I'll also have to agree that change will not happen in Haiti or in
Washington unless Haitian and Haitian Americans learn to work together and
demand that change. However, I'll have to disagree that the Corbett list
serves just as a place to vent. It serves more than that. It can build
consensus, which can lead us to the next level.
Happy Holidays!

  Yves