#1445: poorest nation, con't. : Klarreich comments

From:KKLARREICH@aol.com

And how might you reply to comments Aristide recently made in a CBC interview:

 ".........Democracy on a global scale is sick. We have to democratize
democracy itself in order to speak about a healthier democracy. If on a
global scale, 1.3 billion people live on less than a $1 per day, and in the
case of Haiti we're talking about the poorest nation in the hemisphere,
things are comparable to what is happening worldwide."

So please, it's not just reporters who are guilty of using (and too often
overusing) "the poorest nation in the hemisphere" phrase.

Kathie Klarreich