#1659: Happy birthday : Laleau comments

From:NLaleau@aol.com

Dear Jean-Marie,

I have printed out your profound wish for Haiti because it is so true.

Sometimes I think that although the US may seem to be 'swallowing' Haiti,
perhaps Haiti will be like a giant hairball in the belly of the cat, and
eventually be free.  Or like the baby horned shark that was swallowed by a
larger fish, that very quickly regurgitated it, entire and healthy.  (I saw
it on a TV special on Howard Hall's underwater videography.)  Haiti will not
be healthy and whole, but she may survive... I don't know what it will take,
though.

The truth is, that Haiti's birth was the eruption of the infinite into a very
dismal historical world, and the heart and soul of that infinity are still
beating and shining light and beauty all around it... witness the Haitian
peasants, in particular, and the artists and musicians, and the market women
who clothe their children and send them to school, despite the insurmountable
odds... Shining through the cities' filth, shining from the denuded
mountains...

Sincerely,
Nancy Laleau