#2024: Re: #2015: diaspora : followup to Morse Comments (fwd)

From:Sicla@aol.com

I definitely agree with Morse..I also believe the "diaspora" are viewed
negatively in Haiti because they effect the status quo and turn the class the
system upside down..

Putting aside "the rapper types or people who are visiting, wearing their
whole arsenal of gold jewelry" You have people or their children who left
Haiti poor, returning much wealthier than the people who looked down on
them...You have children of former maids going to Ivy League Schools...better
educated and more worldly than the people left behind..Worst of all the can
speak English. Drive nicer cars..Go to the same restaurants and beaches. All
this is enough to drive a "natif natal" crazy......