#2151: #2146:vaccinations: Davis replies (fwd)

From: Karen Davis <kdavis@marygrove.edu>

	The only special precautions I take when visiting Haiti are (1)
those I take everywhere in the world, like take extra eyeglasses & copies of
my prescription drug info, and (2) drinking bottled water whenever possible
(our family & friends automatically seve us bottle water & other bottled
drinks), but I have never taken any vaccinations, and I gladly eat all
"street" and homemade foods, drinks, and tonics, & have never been sick.
	On the other hand, Haitians moving to the northern USA cities should
beware that, within a year, they will develop respiratory problems including
allergic reactions to the bad air, and flu and colds throughout the winter,
and probably get overweight from not walking.
	Karen