#2278: Aubelin Jolicoeur: Chamberlain adds (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

Corbetteers:

I would like to apologise for the note I posted quoting a friend's account
of meeting Jolicoeur and describing his currently reduced circumstances and
illness.  This was an impermissible invasion of privacy that should not
have been passed on to the group.  All I can plead in mitigation is that my
friend (see text) encouraged me to appeal for help for Jolicoeur and I went
along with that with the best of intentions.  However, it's a matter of
dignity.  No-one (especially not Jolicoeur, with his extra sense of pride
and self-presentation) wants people to know their situation is not the
best, unless they choose those people.

So, unless you're a very good or longstanding friend of his, please don't
send messages (and certainly not money) to him.

        Greg Chamberlain