#2387: The Duvalierism's legacy (fwd)

From: Edwidge Dorelien <edorelien@nac.net>

I might be wrong, but I think the Lavalasse's movement is one of the
legacy of the Duvalierism. I didn't condom the macoutiste, but father
Bertrand Aristide would not have able to make it all the way to the
sacerdoce if it was not the "Clerge indigene". The people that support
Aristide are the same that supported Duvalier. Duvalier had the power to
do much better for the country but he has failed. It is too early to
judge the lavalasse's movement. Hope and pray that Lavalasse doesn't
become a new version of the macoutisme.