#2490: Origins of Gran Brijit (fwd)

From: sean harvey <seanharvey@juno.com>

Is anybody else out there interested in the origins of Gran Brijit? I had
always heard that she was of European origin -- perhaps a result of
blending of European paganism -- and this is the first time that I have
heard an alternative opinion of African origin offered. I don't have
enough knowledge to have an opinion either way, but I'd love to hear the
arguments on both sides of the subject.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.