#2541: Dolls in Voodoo : A reply to Bell (fwd)

From:  <avrussell@hotmail.com>

According to my sources, vodou dolls ARE used legitimately, but not in all
of the rites.  Congo rites are the only ones that use the dolls in certain
rituals.  Rada and Petro rites do not use the dolls for these same rituals
but rather have other props.

My friend also tells me that the reason that nothing happened to you when
you picked up the doll is because the doll wasn't meant for you.  Had it
been, something would have happened to you.

Cheers,

Anne Russell