#2840:Re: the X files " a reply from Grey

From:Racine125@aol.com

I thought I'd die laughing at that episode.  This seamy, seedy looking white
guy makes "voodoo dolls" (they did use that term) and hurts people.  Finally
he is ready to kill one of his victims, who is in the hospital in the CAT
scan machine.  So what does he do?  He pops the voodoo doll IN THE MICROWAVE!
 LOL!  The woman goes into spasm, and comes out of the CAT scan machine a
charred cadaver.

Of course, during the show Mulder and Scully visit a botanica, which is
incredibly dark even though the sun is shining outside... all the old
rick-rack.  But since these stereotypes are used to objectify Haitians, we
should all be aware of them.  There was once an episode a few years back that
directly addressed Haitian Vodou, and Haitians, but that one wasn't so awful.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra",
     Good is rare - Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html">http://
members.aol.com/racine125/index.html</A>