#2854: Reparations from France: Barnes comments

From: J Barnes <jbarnes@massed.net>

I agree with Mr. Perrault.  In fact in the last few weeks I kept seeing
articles about the African-American scholars who plan to seek reparations
from the US because of slavery.  I have been thinking that it is time for
Haiti to ask the French government to return the money the Boyer government
paid in damages because of the revolution (ajusted for inflation +
interests).  Are there any special lawyers or Human rights groups out there?
Everyone else is getting their money back why not the Haitian people?  The
money could go to a foundation destined to fund schools for Haitian children
and taking care of the literacy problem.