#3319: Question on immigration: Antoine responds to Albert (fwd)

From:PotteryRN@aol.com

Hi Guy...............just read your posting.  Part of what you said really
struck home for me.  The 'peasants' I came across were the most REAL people I
have met.  They have few of their basic needs met (Maslov) and yet they are
the most giving of persons I have come across on the planet.  To not want to
touch them is so unlike me, and I would hope unlike most.  They came for
medical treatment, something basic we take for granted in the US, and were
more appreciative than anyone I have met in the US in ages.......  we
successfully treated a 2 year old's 1st and 2nd degree burns from falling
into the family's cook-fire over the week we were there, and the Dad (who
lived in a tiny 8' x 12' mud hut with thatched roof with a wife and 7.5 kids)
wanted to give me a Guinea Hen!!!  He could barely feed his family, and he
wanted to give me something, I about cried my heart out.  That would never
happen in the US and if we ever had a clinic like we had there we would
probably risk being sued by about a zillion
people....................................so, we cannot generalize and I
commend you for seeing the differences and urging to see other's higher self.
 We all, even the politicians and drug-lords around Port-au-Prince, have
potential for true goodness......  thank you for your letter......... spread
your blessings and Happy Easter.....