#3601: Haitian Refugees: Grey comments

From:Racine125@aol.com

<<  If there was such thing [rape of female detainees in Guantanamo] I didn't
see or aware of it.   >>

I have several survivors of rape by American soldiers among my Haitian ESL
students right here in Boston.  One of them even bore a child as a result of
the rape, and it is clear that the child's father is not the woman's husband,
or even of the same race as the woman's husband.

A soldier taking Haitian children on his lap and petting them does not mean
that he won't rape their mother at night.  Whenever women are under the power
of armed men, rape occurs.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra",
     Good is rare - Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html">http://
members.aol.com/racine125/index.html</A>