#3785: US Military, a racist, and Haiti (fwd)

[Corbett comments:  This is not fit reading for all readers.  There
are elements of extremely strong racism in parts.  I am posting it for
two reasons:  I think it is worth reminding ourselves that these veiws do
exist out there and are alive and well.  Secondly, some of the claims
about the experiences of this person in Haiti are extremely revealing.

But, if you can stomach virulent racism, please delete NOW.]
===========

 From: radman <resist@best.com>

From: < http://www.civilwartwo.com/sfua.html>

HAITI AUG 30, 1999

“IMMACULATE INVASION:” THE GREAT LIE by SFC Steven M. Barry, USA (Ret)

Quite frankly, Bob Shacochis’ hand wringing over the fate of Haiti (“Only
Haiti Can Save Haiti:” 30 August) leaves me cold. I was a member of the
invasion force, and served in Haiti as the Intelligence and Operations NCO
for Special Forces Operational Detachment 381, stationed in Petit Goâve.
I have read Shacochis’ book, “Immaculate Invasion.” It is Marxist drivel,
as was his 30 August opinion piece. His lament that “Wealth was not
redistributed” by the U.S. Army reveals his politics, as does his
anticipation of Aristide returning to power.
Aristide was a founder of PUCH, Haitian Communist Unification Party. His
“Lavalas” movement consisted of anarchists, squatters, “students,” Maoists,
vagrants, and just about every other example of human detritus. I called
them collectively the Khmer Noir.
Lavalas organizers consisted almost entirely of heretic “priests” of the
“liberation theology” (read “Christian”-Marxism) persuasion, leavened with
voodoo for the savages. My ODA commander once asked my advise on putting an
end to the almost daily Lavalas riots. “Simple,” I told him, “let me kill
these so-called ‘priests’.” He didn’t think that was a good idea. The
riots continued.
In Petit Goâve FRAPH had 108 members. I know; I had their records, files
and correspondence. To a man, every member of FRAPH was productively
employed, or was a small land or business owner. The polar opposite of the
Lavalas. In Petit Goâve, FRAPH were the Haitian middle class. (Or as
Shacochis would say, the petit bourgeoisie.) And they were, to a man,
anti-Communists.
Think of FRAPH as the VFW turned political party. Did they occasionally
resort to violence against the Lavalas to protect their property and
businesses against the mob howling for “democracy”? Sure they did. Why
shouldn’t they have?
To the Lavalas, “democracy” meant the “right” to loot, thieve and squat. On
our first day in Petit Goâve, a smiling Lavalas “delegate” thanked us for
being there so we could protect them while they looted the dock warehouses.
I told him if they tried it we would kill them. “But we now demokrakasy,”
he protested, “de warehouse’ day belong to ‘de people!’” My rifle waved
carelessly in his direction. He got the hint.
In the course of my duties I came to know many of the Attaches. Again, they
were productive members of the local community, who had volunteered their
time to beef up police patrols. The beauty of the Attaches was that they
knew who the local scum-bags were. Think of the Attaches as a proactive
community watch.
Despite panicked and breathless media reports about “3000 disappeared,” and
tireless efforts to “unearth atrocities,” not one shred of evidence has
ever been produced to support the claim. Well, except for the screams of
“holocaust” hitchhikers like Shacochis. The joke within my ODA was, “3000?
That’s the best they could do?” I hear it’s up to 5000 now.
Shacochis further whined that weapons were redistributed instead of the
wealth of people who created said wealth. That is true. Another of my
duties was ensuring that extant weapons were accounted for (and later, on
my own initiative, not accounted for) and redistributed.
Small-arms fell into two categories. Privately owned, and military issued.
The Haitians kept immaculate records of small-arms ownership or issue. On
the military issue ledger I simply designated one day when everybody who
had an issued weapon reported for accountability. There were two types of
issued weapons; M-14 select-fire rifles, and M-1 rifles.
I collected the M-14 select-fire rifles and reissued their owners a
replacement M-1 rifle and 40 rounds of ball ammunition. All M-14 rifles
were reissued to the FAd’H garrison with whom we were living. Our FAd’H
“Joes” all had M-14s, and civilians who had signed for them all had M-1s.
Mission accomplished!
(Aside: The FAd’H “Joes” weren’t bad guys. Under White leadership and
discipline they made an acceptable colonial police force. So we (Whites)
took charge and they (Haitians) did rather well. On their own they were
utterly useless.)
On the privately owned ledger I discovered, after reading the Haitian
firearms laws passed under General Cedras, that a civilian could own
anything he damn well pleased as long as he could afford it and had a
permit for it. Uzi submachine guns and select-fire Israeli Galil rifles
were not uncommon. House-to-house with the permit applications and a knock
on the door with a polite, “Good afternoon, do you still possess Galil
serial #xxxxxx? (Oui.) May I check it against this permit list please?
(Oui.) Thank you, have a nice day.”
Soon after, disaster struck. Firearms confiscation. Ordered from “on high.”
Permit owners were told to turn in their weapons. (I was shocked!) It seems
the restored Communists didn’t like the idea of an armed populace. (At
least they had the decency to not use “the Children” as a pretext. They
used Public meaning “Party” safety instead.) They needn’t have worried.
Word “leaked” and the evening before “turn-in” there were a rash of
“firearms thefts” throughout the entire Petit Goâve region. Too many to
investigate. None were ever recovered. Damn.
The weapons “buy back” program layered itself in during the middle of all
this. Gd.X for a grenade (Haitians could have grenades, why can’t
Americans?), Gd.Y for a pistol, Gd.Z for a rifle, etc.. I nicknamed it the
“Snitch-Off A Relative Program.” Haitians are corrupt to the bone.
Grinning Haitian “youths” would bring their uncle’s pistol in for the Gd.Y
bounty. I’d offer them Gd.A. They’d start sputtering, pointing to the
“price sheet.” I’d simply tell them, “Take Gd.A, or I’ll just take the gun
and throw you in jail for possession of an illegal weapon.” They took Gd.A.
But (Laughter!), they had to sign for the cash. That evening, we’d pay them
a visit and take them for “a ride.” (They loved to ride in HUMMVs once.)
The “Snitch-Off A Relative Program” ended rather quickly. My Detachment’s
weapons buy-back program was a failure, although we ate well. Less astute
Detachments in other parts of Haiti had far greater success, although they
ate much less well.
Shacochis cries that Haiti has no heroes to lead it out if its typically
African squalor. If he is searching for Haitian heroes he’s a blithering
fool or a “liberal” (not that there is any difference).
Haiti’s salvation lays in the same place the salvation of other African
countries lay. Re-colonization by Whites and rigid Apartheid. Not by those
of Shacochis’ ilk. But by Whites who are not afraid to demonstrate why they
were the only race to have once conquered the world.

The Resister
PO Box 70586
Fort Bragg, NC 28307