#3638: On asking Aristide... Poincy replies to Antoine

From: Jean Poincy <caineve@idt.net>

If Antoine feels that I purposely and maliciously interpreted his
statement the way I did, I excuse myself. For it was far from being my
intention. Taking the statement word for word Antoine is correct that my
interpretation is off line. However, the essence of the statement is the
point that Aristide could be behind the wave of violence. If he decided
not to run then it would be the confirmation of such therefore not up to
par to take the affaires of Ayiti in hands despite his popularity.

My point in the post was not even a critic of Antoine's request, but
rather to show that there is a more structural way to show if a
candidate is as strong as his/her popularity tends to show. As a fervent
defender of democracy in Ayiti, it would have been much more
contributive if Antoine cared to look at the true essence of the post
and gave his much appreciated insight; although he is in his full right
not to let his thoughts being distorted or misinterpreted. Again, my
excuse to Antoine.

Says the Chinese master: "It is often better not to see an insult than
to avenge it."

Ayiti has lived, lives and will live
Mozeb