#4242: opposition : Morse comments

From: oloffsonram <oloffsonram@globelsud.net>

In the old days,'86-'94 etc(I arrived in '85), the opposition was the
Macoute camp. Now the opposition seems to be Aristide's former allies
and supporters. Whats that all about? What happened to the macoutes.
Have they been absorbed or are they waiting quietly on the sidelines.
Did they all sell their weapons back to the U.S. troops or are they
still armed?

I keep hearing about the "high grade flour" being dropped off in Haiti.
Well today on the television(channel 10 out of Miami is now
broadcasting in Haiti) I saw filmed footage of a plane making a drop to
a waiting van in what was said to be Haiti.

"Got to jump down spin around pick a bale o cotton
Got to jump down spin around pick a bale o wool"
(Traditional song from southern U.S.)

I love to imagery of Haiti becoming a cotton economy.
"We'll let da colored folks down south pick da cotton and da white
folks up north run dem dern computers."
If it works we may not have to build roads, provide electricity and
educate the Haitain masses to the new technologies of today which have
a shortage of man power. "Its a cotton pickin good idea!" "A government
of the people, by the people and for the people".
Malcolm X would have been proud. (Am I being cynical or sarcastic?)

Richard Morse