#4680: On: memo #4651 and previous (fwd)

From: ROODY BARTHELEMY <kreyolco@hotmail.com>

I have seen the same also.
Am I, are we, talking about the same country? Tahiti? or Haiti? Puerto Rico
or Ayiti?

I have read the Constitution of Haiti.  I guess I am not the only ordinary
Haitian to do so. The most recent and valid one.  The one which was amended
and ratified March 29, 1987.  I have read the text of the electoral law that
under the Haitian constitution and I understand that the CEP is an entirely
independent agency and the executive branch, even if it was anxious to do
so, could not interfere with its operations [Memo#4651 and previous].

I am witnessing today too that the "opposition" is splintered into more than
sixty political parties.  Each of the concerting groupies that constitute
this opposition has a miniscule number of followers.  Altogether, their
party members or associates do not and cannot outnumber the FL party.
Moreover, many of them do have the reputation of having supported the
military junta and have taken bribes from various sources.  What's with IRI?

I have NOT seen the impossible yet.  A good example of it would be to have
as a fact the elegant FICTION of 1.2 million people who voted for the
non-Lavalas parties.  But I am willing to let myself easily be convinced by
the experts, the scholars and respected policy makers of the "Hemispheric
institution". Maybe that will help me and many others understand some things
about the country.  Why are we so miserable to make others feel so
deplorable.  Why we are so misunderstandable to make others so arrogantly
and shamelessly controlable, solutionably imposable?

Maybe here we're not talking about the same country. Which country, Sir, my
honorable friend? Tahiti? or Haiti? Puerto Rico or Ayiti?