#5364: Re: #5344: Karshan adds to Driver on May elections (fwd)

From: MKarshan@aol.com

The day before the May 21st elections I received a call from one of the top
U.S. press who was in Haiti at the time covering the elections.  He told me
that he had to leave Haiti because of obligations to his family in the States
but that it didn't matter.  I was surprised because this meant that he would
not be present for the elections but he quickly explained that the election
day wasn't worth sticking around to cover.  He stated that it would be the
negotiations after the elections that would be interesting and that he would
try to return to cover those!