#5873: re: zenglendos, bank transactions (fwd)

I'm succumbing to paranoia by posting this anonymously but given this
concerns armed men with guns, I'd rather my name not be associated. I just
want to advise people to exercise caution, especially when making bank
transactions, in the Turgeau area. For the second time in the last month a
friend of mine was held up at gun point on Martin Luther King near Teleco
Pont-Morin. This time the person seems to have been followed from the new
Unibank on Martin Luther King (next to the new Texaco/starmart). The attack
took place in broad daylight.  I had noticed before that this bank is
extremely visible from the street and have avoided using it for that reason.
Attacks following bank transactions have become increasingly common. Try to
use banks that are not particularly visible from the street and leave the
area immediately. Also, friends have advised me that zenglandos have become
increasingly savvy about attempts to hide money--in bras, underwear, socks
etc.--and have been undressing their victims from head to toe! Still, I think
that if you must be on the streets with money, hiding it in several places
and keeping important papers separate from cash is a good policy.