5450: You are invited to attend the BRA's conference on the Dominican's bateyes in NYC

From: bateyrelief@mindspring.com

Conference:  The bateyes:  A new reality
Place:  United Nations - New York City
Date:  February 28th, 2001 - 3:30p-8:00p

Dear Friends,

BRA will be sponsoring a conference at the UN, February 28, 2001 regarding
the socio-economic conditions of the indigent population languishing in the
Dominican's bateyes, including those identified as Haitian migrant workers
"Braceros."

This event will provide everyone with the UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY to hear
first-hand discussions from representatives of Haitian and Dominican
governments addressing critical issues on this controversial and sensitive
topic.  Members of the intellectual community too will be present to provide
their expert analyses.

I would like to ask for your help by sharing with us names, addresses and
e-mails of individuals you think might enjoy the opportunity to attend this
important event as guests. SPACE WILL BE LIMITED TO ONLY 195 PERSONS.

Please be assured that the use of the lists will be made solely by BRA
strictly for the purpose of the conference.  You may e-mail or air mail the
lists to me.  We hope to send all invitations out by mid-December.

Your suggestions on how to make this event a success will be greatly
appreciated. I thank you very much for your assistance.

Ulrick Gaillard
Executive Director
Batey Relief Alliance
=====================================
Batey Relief Alliance (BRA) www.bateyrelief.org
Tax-exempt, non-profit, non-political humanitarian aid organization.
For donations and information, please contact:
Ulrick Gaillard, J.D., Executive Director
P.O. Box 300565, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11230
(917) 627-5026 or at bateyrelief@mindspring.com.
Maria Virtudes Berroa, Regional Director
Apartado Postal 5085, Santo Domingo, Rep. Dom.
(809) 383-1547 or at bra-dominicana@mindspring.com
A copy of BRA's latest annual report may be obtained, upon request,
from the organization or from the Office of the Attorney General, Charities
Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, N.Y. 10271