5523: Re: Miami Herald - Kurzban on Haiti's Elections : a response

From: Haitian Times <publisher@flashcom.net>

The difference Mr. Kurzban is that both Democrats and Republicans agreed to
some sort of a recount, although there is a legal battle. In Haiti, Lavalas
refused outright any thought of a recount. I believe that had they agreed to
a recount, they would have still won the electitons. So why didn't they? As
their lawyer and political strategist, you should have advised them better.
If you did and they didn't listen, then you should have resigned. The mess
that was created as a result of stuborness, has been catastrophic. There
used to be a time when I was excited by these political wranglings and kept
abreast with every morcel of development. Then, I was a corporate reporter.
Now as a struggling entrepreuneur, I'm deeply pissed. This election mess has
caused us about $40,000 in revenues, from Haitian companies who were ready
to place ads with us. And with this uncertaintly, naturally they've pulled
out. Businesses are closing their doors fast and I'm not sure if any of the
Lavalas advisers, be it foreign or locals are telling them these things.
These are tangible and destructive consequences. It's great to read
passionate defense of the Haiti's electoral process as the country continues
its descent into the abyss.

cheers,

garry pierre-pierre

cheers,