6197: Re: Vodou and Creole in Alabama: Gill replies

From: mark gill <doctorgill@clas.net>

Subject: 6195: Vodou and Creole in Alabama (fwd)

****I think the Voudou mentioned in the Birmingham area of Alabama came from
an area east of Mobile, Alabama, as it has been practiced there for
something like 100 years.  I became very aware of this in that while growing
up in Fort Walton Beach, Florida, my Father hired a married couple from that
area and the wife would tell me a lot about the Voudou that she grew up
around.  She would speak about its influence around Mobile, its history, and
also about it spreading to other areas, with Birmingham being one of them.

mark gill