6586: Haiti now (fwd)

From: Lois E Wilcken <makandal-ny@juno.com>

From: Lois Wilcken <makandal-ny@juno.com>

I'd like to add another angle to the discussion of the U.S. impact on
Haiti.  I would suggest that "the U.S." refers to elite interests within
the United States allied with elite interests in Haiti.  In other words,
we need to see the problem as one of competing class, as opposed to
national, interests.  Many souls, including some on this listserve, are
citizens of the United States working hard and sometimes effectively
toward social and economic justice in Haiti.  We all know that certain
citizens of Haiti work to thwart social and economic justice.

Lois Wilcken
La Troupe Makandal - New York City's #1 Haitian Roots Ensemble
621 Rutland Road, Brooklyn NY 11203
718-953-6638 / makandal-ny@juno.com
www.makandal.org