6812: Re: 6793: VHS Tapes & CD-ROMs for Basic Education in Creole (#6780 & #6737) ... (fwd)

From: Maxetluc@aol.com

When I first heard I was going to be stationed in Haiti back in 1999, I
bought the Plimsler method tapes (not sure of that spelling).  It's only
about 10 hours of instruction but they were very good.  They concentrate more
on grammar and pronunciation than vocabulary, though.  That was okay because
after using them, I was able to plug new words I learned in properly both
from Creole-English dictionaries and from being here.

Cheers,

Maxetluc