7071: Re: 7037: Re: 7021: Air travel between Port-au-Prince and Santo-Domingo (fwd)

From: John Fiorenza <johnfiorenza@hotmail.com>

I have taken the Caribe Tours bus twice.  It costs about $50 round trip.  It
leaves from the Caribe Tours building in Petionville early in the morning
and arrives in Santo Domingo about midday.  It takes about 4-5 hours.  The
terminal in Santo Domingo is a pretty large. You can always find a taxi
there.  It is two blocks north of the U.S. embassy.  It is in a zone with
lots of government buildings.  It is about a 30 min walk to the Colonial
Zone from the terminal. The bus is usually almost completely empty.  You
will not need a reservation.  The bus leaves for port-au-prince at midday
and arrives in the late afternoon or early evening.

It is not a problem to fly into or out of Santo Domingo and take a bus to
Port-au-Prince.  I have done this once.  The taxi ride between the airport
and the Caribe Tours terminal in Santo Domingo took about 30 min and cost
US$10-15.

John Fiorenza