7164: Research/Work Opportunities in Haiti? (fwd)

From: Dotie Joseph <dotiej@hotmail.com>

Hello Fellow Corbetteers,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about some programs for studying
abroad or working in Haiti. I will be graduating with a B.A. in Political
Science in May and intend to take a year off before continuing my studies.
In this year off, I am looking for something that will help me to better
understand some of the socio-political and economic challenges of Haiti
along with open-minded approaches to developing some solutions. However, as
many of you can understand, my parents are not too keen on this so I am only
looking for suggestions that people would really trust and highly reccommend
(i.e have some type of safety measures and know that they are serious in
their committment to the country). Thank you in advance for any help you may
be able to offer.

Sincerely,
Dotie