7444: French town (Tallahassee) (fwd)

From: leonie hermantin <lhermantin@hotmail.com>

On a recent trip to Tallahassee Florida, I was given the grand tour of a
historic neighborhood called Frenchtown. According to our tour guide,French
town ,a traditionally black neighborhood, was given to the French as a
goodwill gesture for their support of Yankee revolutionaries during the
American war of independence.  I am very interested to know whether this is
accurate and more importantly whether there is a Haitian connection to all
of this.

Leonie