7461: Re: Re: 7453: Justice (fwd)

From: mark gill <doctorgill@clas.net>

C.Henrius wrote:
> Interesting thought...  Makes me wonder if arresting him would just make
him
> more powerful.  The way the media is covering this, he'd likely be made
out
> as the next Mandela.

****when Aristide did not call for a re-vote regarding the 10 Senate seats,
i speculated that he was, in effect, shooting himself in his
foot...........by calling for re-election, he would have garnered support
from the international community, in that he would have shown himself a man
of moral integrity and truly democratic.......this would have propelled him
into the spotlight, around the world, as honorable and someone the world
could respect...........his stature would have "zoomed"
everywhere..........i also speculated that if he did not call for the
re-election of the 10 seats in dispute, he was opening the door to further
instability.........and, further problems with the international community,
upon whom he is dependent for financial help, which he sorely needs and
cannot do without..........

i think my speculation was wrong.......he shot himself in both
feet............what a waste, and especially since he would have been
elected anyway...........this simple political error of not calling for the
re-vote is costing him far more than wounds to his feet.......

Mark Gill