VIENNA COFFEE HOUSES: LINKS AND FILES
- Following The Viennese Coffeehouse Tradition. By
Reg Butler. A useful article on the origins of coffee and coffeehouses in Vienna and bit about contemporary houses.
- Bob Corbett's expanding list of Vienna coffee houses
and addresses and directions of all on the above and web sites.
- Bob Corbett's annotated list of English language books
relevant to Vienna coffee houses.
- Thomas Bernhard on Vienna Coffeehouse and his "coffee house disease." This is a lengthy
excerpt from his autobiograhical novel WITTGENSTEIN'S NEPHEW
- Vienna's Cafés This site by Chris Rubin is very light and gives some
brief overview of coffeehouses in general, then talks about 1/2 dozen of them in particular. These are: Central, Landtmann, Diglas,
Hawelka, Museum, Stein, Glaser, and Hundertwasser.
- The Vienna Cafes
This page is a list of Vienna coffeehouses with links to the home pages of several of them.
Some of these home pages are in English, others only in German. The links are to: Diglas, Dommeyer,
L'Europe, Pruckl, Sacher, Sperl, Weimer, Cobenzl and Blan-Stern.
- "Im Cafe gibt's Keinen Kaffe" I believe this
is Cafe Landtmann's site, but I'm not sure. The point of this German language site is that one doesn't just order
a "coffee," which isn't even on the menu, but one must specify what sort of coffee one wants. The sorts are then
given in both a menu and description.
- Cafe Landtmann's site -- in German.
The site has a brief history of Landtmann's and a few early graphics.
- The Coffee House: A brief history of coffee and its legendary institution.
Also contains links to other articles including one interesting one on the waiters.