a205: Re: a197: Government Supporters Disturb a Symposium (fwd)

From: kevin pina <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

FROM: Kevin Pina <kpinbox@hotmail.com>

I just happened to interview some of those that "disrupted" this so called
symposium in Ou Kap.  According to them it was an event open to the public
to discuss the "political crisis". They thought that meant addressing the
real concerns of continuing negotiations when at the very beginnning of the
program Mr. Gaillard called for the overthrow of the constitutional
government. Lavalas supporters then began chanting Viv Aristide!! forcing
Mr. Gaillard into one of his famous intellectual huffs whereby he then
withdrew from the stage. I wonder if Mr. Gaillard would receive any
different treatment, at let's say Texas A&M University, if he were to call
for the overthrow of the Bush Administration. I doubt it.

kp