a638: Re: a609: Re: a532: Erzulie ceremony by Moibibi (fwd)

From: Racine125@aol.com

> From: Moibibi@aol.com
>
> There are many Ezili loas. I suppose that you refer to Ezili Danto who is a
> divinity of fertility. As such, she is invoked by many women who travel to
> Sodo to ask for a child.

No, no, you've got it confused.  It is Erzulie *Freda* who is represented at Saut d'Eau.  Petitions for fertility may be directed at her, at the "Vyej Mirak" in town, or most often at Dambala and Ayida Wedo.  Dambala and Ayida Wedo, the "serpent and the rainbow", are thought to be coupling when the waterfall of Saut d'Eau creates a mist which produces a rainbow.

> Someone possessed by Ezili Danto is also known to vomit blood without being
> harmed.

Sometimes.  This is rare, though, Erzulie Dantor does not vomit blood whenever she appears.

Peace and love,

"Se bon ki ra" - Good is rare
     Haitian Proverb

The VODOU Page - http://members.aol.com/racine125/index.html