a743: re a736: Pina on corruption: Chamberlain comments (fwd)

From: Greg Chamberlain <GregChamberlain@compuserve.com>

>  You mean like the Bush administration and Enron?
>  Apparently there are also a few Congressmen wise
> enough to figure that out too.

Why must we always be subjected to this oldest of logical tricks?

Yes, we all know Bush and Enron are corrupt.  That much of US criticism of
Haiti and Aristide is hypocritical.  But how on earth does that alter the
fact that there are serious problems to be addressed in Haiti that do not
depend on the US or other foreign countries -- unless you mean dependence
on latching onto these countries and their erroneous ways as a means to
duck out of addressing what needs to be done in Haiti?

If I am a murderer and I preach against murder, that doesn't mean my
argument is false.  It means I can expect to be called a hypocrite.  But
the argument stands.

        Greg Chamberlain