a904: Oops Ayiti peyi lakay (fwd)

From: Senou <senou@yahoo.com>

Embargo is nothing new against Haiti, the country was
put under a total embargo after getting its
independence on Jan 1st, 1804. in 1991, the Haitian
president had given the international community a
green light to impose an embargo against his
impoverished country. Today, the Convergence is
against the lifting of the embargo against Haiti,
those who had criticized the position of the
Convergence may suffer amnesia. They had forgotten
that the current president had imposed an embargo in
order to secure his return to office is today
criticizing this tool he had once used. Haiti ti peyi
gro peyi. Haiti is a learning lesson, my friends,
whatever you do, it won't take long to see it being
used against you. Remember 1986 after the departure of
Mr. Jean-Claude Duvalier, we have seen a bunch of
folks calling themselves democrat or communist
returning back home, in 1991, we have seen the
position of many so called democrat. A democrat will
never support a coup d'Etat. Now the Haitian people
had been misled with this current regime for failing
to bring democracy in the country. We don't have to go
too far in our history, We have been deceived many
times by the leaders of this country, after the people
of Cap-Haitien had defied Duvalier and elect Lerouge
as their depute in the first free election in Haiti
under a dictatorship. But later Mr. Lerouge had become
a duvalierist for a Volvo and a house in Delmas. What
a shame.
My friends you are Haitians, you should know your
history; I was very young when the Duvalier had bought
Mr. Vixamar who was well known outside of Cap Haitien
and he had put him against Lerouge. Like the
international community is doing with the Convergence.
 The people went to get the T-shirts and the food,
after receiving their T-Shirts and  Boullon they shut
"VIVE LEROUGE". Radio metropole in Haiti had broadcast
Vixamar and made us believe that he was very popular
in Cap Haitian and Lerouge was not a serious contender
but thanks God Radio Haiti inter  of Jean Dominique,
of Kompè Philo( who can forget the 9'oclock news of
that famous voice of Kompè Philo) we used to have
great journalists real professional in Haiti, we have
learned that Lerouge was indeed the chosen son of the
great people of Cap-haitien the second city of Haiti.
By 10:00 AM Mr. Lerouge was already elected. When
people of Cap-Haitian, Ouanaminthe, Gonaives and
Jeremie support you; you can go to sleep peacefully my
friends, Nobody ever mess up with people from these
regions, if they are with you not because of interest
but because they believe in you but unfortunately we
were deceived that's life and today we cannot regret
that we had defied the Duvalier Regime. For History,
Duvalier regime had never had the total control of
Ouanaminthe, Cap-Haitian and Jeremie, during its 27
years in power, I do not believe that he had ever set
foot in Jeremie, la ville des poètes. When you see
someone from these regions be careful you are dealing
with the cream that Haiti has to offer.

Joseph Alfred
P.O. BOX 334
Smyrna, GA 30081